A kofte is the Turkish word for meatballs. This pine nut and currant kofte recipe is a traditional recipe is delicate and not overly spicy. Its quick, easy and a healthy recipe to make and goes well with any salad recipe or a rice pilaf.
Recipe for Pine Nut and Currant Kofte
How to make Pine Nut and Currant Kofte
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix the lamb mince, onion, garlic and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the exception of the olive oil.
- Continue to mix the meat with your hands to ensure all the ingredients have combined well. The lamb should now be a browny color rather than the pink meaty color.
- Taking golf ball size portions of the meat, roll them into balls and flatten with the heel of your hand so that its more like a small disc.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the meat.
- To cook you can place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan, griddle pan and fry or put under the grill.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes either side on a medium heat until browned on both sides.
Serves: 4 people
Serve with rice pilaf, salad or any olive oil vegetable dish.
NOTE: If you don’t have day old bread, place bread under the grill and lightly toast or dry out. Then place in a spice or coffee grinder to ground into breadcrumbs.
Find more kofte recipes and healthy Turkish recipes at Turkish Thyme cooking.