This Adana kebab recipe is a slightly healthier version from those served in restaurants in Adana and restaurants throughout Turkey and the world. The difference is that my Adana kebab recipe doesn’t not use lambs tail fat.
Recipe for Adana Kebab
Ingredients to make Adana Kebab
|500 gr of lamb mince||1 red banana pepper, finely chopped|
|1 shallot, finely chopped||1 tbsp of Maras bibier (chilli pepper slice)|
|1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped||Salt|
Adana Kebab Method
- After you have chopped the red pepper, ensure you have squeezed out all its excess juices.
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
From Kebab Mince to Adana Kebabs
- Divide the mixture into 4-6 even balls
- Using metal skewers, wrap the meat around each skewer. The kebabs should be quite flat approximately, 1cm either side of the skewer.
- Place on the charcoal barbecue or on a grill until well done.
- Adana kebab is typically served on flat Turkish bread with an onion and parsley salad.
Serves 2-3 persons
- For more flavour and a more traditional Adana Kebab recipe, use approx 15gr of lambs tail fat. Mix it in with the mince before adding the other ingredients.
- Authentic Turkish ingredients such as Maras biber can be purchased from our online store or at some Turkish food stores or delicatessens.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes